Although hearing the words, "I love you" is special and important, sometimes you wish you could tell your mate as well as hear from your mate those words, but in special and unique ways. Here are some ideas of how this can be accomplished:
- Rent his favorite movie, even if it is something you do not like, and plan an evening alone where you can be with him as he enjoys his special treat.
- When she gets out of the shower, hand her a warm, cozy towel just heated in the dryer.
- When you make him pancakes, first pour the words, "I Love You" on the griddle and cook for a minute to brown. Then, pour more batter over the words to create a round pancake. The result will be a pancake displaying those three special words when you flip it over.
- While she is out of town, wash her car and surprise her by picking her up in a clean, shiny car at the airport.
- Take him out to lunch.
- Have his favorite breakfast on the table along with the morning newspaper.
- Instead of bugging him to go to the grocery store with you, let him stay home.
- Display your favorite picture of the two of you on the refrigerator.
- Buy her a subscription to her favorite magazine.
Whether dating or married, weekends are always full of errands and chores. If you find that on the weekend things are lopsided, help your mate out. For example, if there are kids involved and one has a soccer game while the other has a baseball game, at the same time, offer to take one of the kids and your mate take the other. Make this a special time by packing a special lunch or snacks. Perhaps one of you has company coming and the house needs to be cleaned, laundry done, and groceries purchased. Set aside something you need done and offer to pitch in to help. Simply say you want to help and ask which of the jobs you can take over. This gesture will show your mate that you really care by sacrificing your time.