- Wash and cleanse the face thoroughly and rub an ice cube on your face for 5 to 10 minutes to lower the sweating rate so that the makeup stays put for longer period of time.
- Women with oily skin can use astringent while women with dry to normal skin can use toner after the ice to cool and refresh the skin.
- Avoid foundation and prepare the base of your makeup using powder slightly.
- Sheer film of light brown, beige, pastel or pink cream eye shadow can be used along with a think line of eyeliner and use a coat or two of waterproof mascara.
- Soft matte lipsticks are preferable to most ladies during monsoons but you may use a soft brown or pink shade with sheer gloss.
- Do not neglect to use water-based moisturizers during rainy season to keep away the oily skin, acne and water loss due to perspiration and sweating.
- Keep your hairstyles simple and easy. Elaborate hairstyles are more difficult to manage and redo and limp damp hair do not look good with them. You may use bangs and layered hairstyles instead.
- Bright jewelry is in vogue during monsoons but this is the minimalist year, so you may opt for stone studded light jewelry.
- If you must you blush, keep it light and blend it well. Cream blush in shades of pink, peach and brown can be used.
- During this time, keep your eyebrows in shape with threading and hair gel for you cannot use eyebrow pencil during a downpour.
- Wash you hair regularly and massage your scalp regularly to keep dandruff and other hair problems out of your way.
- Denims are not for monsoons; wear light cotton fabrics, capri pants and three fourths.
- Umbrellas and raincoats are also in fashion. Buy some in cheerful happy colors.
- White and light colors can easily get muddy, so avoid them.
- Throw your leather booths and high heels at the back and wear sneakers and sandals.